From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2013 02:50:28 -0600
I agree about the clip on RJ45 plugs being a bad design all around.
They invariably break at the worst possible times...not only on microphones
but network cables as well.
Commercial RJ45 mike plugs are made a bit better with heavy rubber
surrounding the clip and making it more difficult to damage it.
Speaking of the mag mounts...I have a tripple mag mount that I can use with
ham sticks or those style of antennas...it's made up of 3 5 inch magnets and
when it clamps onto a piece of metal, it's definitely well attached lol.

73
Colin, V A6BKX