Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:36:14 -0600
Karl,  As Butch indicated the IC718 would be a reasonable choice.  The only
problem with getting one of the older kenwood radios like the TS440, 450 etc
is that they need to VS1 speech module which may be hard to find.  Also if
they need repair, some of the parts are hard to find.  I haven't done any
pricing recently so I couldn't even guess what anything may be worth on the
used market.

Bob KD0BR