From:
"Jose Tamayo (KK4JZX)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 18:33:28 -0400
Zack,

This is how I did it:

1.  I became a member of Handiham.
2.  I then whenth through the lessons.
3.  Handiham found me a testing center near me.
4.  I contacted the person that Handiham sent me.
5. The person corresponded with me and got me in touch with the proper folks
in the local radio Club.
6.  I then asked if they could accommodate me with the exam since I am
blind.  I mentioned that the FCC has tests without diagrams.
7.  some may not know it but they are more than willing to accommodate.
8.  they assigned someone from the local radio club to read my questions.
9.  that person read and recorded the answers I gave and also filled out my
forms for me.
10.  The person also allowed me to go back and revise some of my doubts as I
went along.
11.  I then finalized the exam and someone else other than the one helping
me graded the exam.
12.  this was for both my Tech and General exams.

I hope this helps.

Jose - KK4JZX