From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2013 01:44:24 -0500
I think Florida helps, but the 6 meter work is E skip, when its there, its
there.  If you run CW, you multiply your effective signal by a factor of 10,
because you can be  received in at least 1 tenth the band width.  a 5 4 9 CW
signal can be quite readable.  If you live in an apartment, its certainly
worth learning the code.  If you live in a house, its certainly fun and
useful to learn the code as well.  I have never wanted to run power, and
with CW I never have needed more than 100 watts.