ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:36:04 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
This country was founded by people who fled religious oppression.  People
who wanted nothing more than to worship God as they chose.  The intent of
the framers of the constitution should be respected.  Because the
constitution bases itself on Judaic Christian beliefs.  The Torah plainly
prohibits anyone from placing stumbling blocks before the blind.  Lack of
service in a public establishment puts one such stumbling block before us.
Thus making it unconstitutional not to serve us.  Because it contradicts the
spirit of the constitution.  However, if a hotel owner believes it is an
abomination for a man to lye with a man or women to lye with each other, as
is expressed in both testaments, and if he stands steadfast in that belief.
It is his duty, and is his responsibility not to serve such people by
allowing them to share a room.  He might get around this, and still serve
them as members of the public by offering to them adjoining rooms.  That
way, his religious principles would remain in tact.  While he wouldn't be
discriminating against them because they are a same sex couple.  On the
other hand, don't such couples have an obligation to respect the
sensibilities of bible believing people?  They would, if they understood
obligations mean more than rights.  However, that concept is fast being
forgotten in favor of personal selfishness.  Such a compromise is not as
easily achieved for those who bake wedding cakes for same sex couples.  They
must be left to stand on their principles.  What good is it to espouse
Christianity if one isn't willing to take a stand for what Christians
believe?  What seems to me to be good enough for the Christian martyrs ought
to be good enough for us I say.