Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:06:52 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I make the chocolate cake recipe that is located on the back of the

Hershey's Cocoa can.  It makes a wonderful tasting cake, but I am having a

problem with it.

I use Jules Shepard's Nearly Normal GF Flour Mix.   My cake  or cupcakes

usually look great when baking with a nicely rounded  top.   Then after it

comes out of the oven, it deflates.    It doesn't make a difference whether I

bake it longer, it still seems to drop a  bit.

What could I possibly be missing to cause this?

I will list the ingredients below to the cake mix and the flour  mix.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Bev

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate  Cake

2 cups  sugar

1 ¾ cups  Flour

¾ cups Hershey’s Cocoa

1 ½ tsp. Baking  powder

1 ½ tsp Baking soda

1 tsp.  Salt

2 eggs

1 cup  milk

½ cup vegetable  oil

2 tsp. Vanilla  extract

1 cup boiling  water

1 ½ tsp xanthum gum (if  making cake)

Heat oven to 350.  Grease and flour two 9 in. round baking  pans.   Combine

dry ingredients  in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.   Beat on

medium speed for 2  minutes.  Stir in boil water (batter  will be thin).

Pour into pans.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick  comes out clean.

Cupcakes:   large …. 22 minutes.    Mini ….. 10 –12  minutes.

Nearly Normal Flour  Mix.

1 CUP  WHITE RICE FLOUR

1 CUP  POTATO STARCH FLOUR

1 CUP  CORNSTARCH