ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 03:28:21 -0600
Doris,

Do you possibly mean, apathetic? Meaning disinterested, lacking feeling or
passion? I think maybe possibly that could be it rather than the other.

I'll definitely keep you in prayer. I like to try looking at things or
fixing a problem from a three-part perspective that we are: spiritual,
mental/emotional, and physical.

Plus, of course there are two of you, and while you can help Chris to a
point with things he might be able to work on, we really have control over
ourselves the most. Even at that, we need God's help to motivate us at times
and help us through a situation.

Prayer is obviously one step towards spiritual. Maybe there are some things
in the other areas you might find would help? For instance, if you feel you
are in fact too reliant on him and less independent, even doing little
things to start countering that would help two things. One, it might help
Chris be aware of your taking action on your part to help fix an issue. He
might notice a difference and become more interested. And second, if you
feel yourself you're too dependent, working on that will give you more
confidence and inner strength with a renewed sense of independence
happening.

And it doesn't have to start with anything huge. You know your own dynamics
and would be able to find something you'd feel comfortable starting on. Just
a thought based off your note.

I know you'd mention Chris is still having some feelings of loss with the
passing of his dad, struggled getting work, plus your move and all; stress
can   have all sorts of negative reactions. I tell you, I'm not sure how I'd
ever make it through the stressful times of life without the Lord and His
word to get me through. Especially when there are things I know I need to do
but seems an impossible task or if I have no clue where to start or what to
do exactly.

Keeping you in prayer.

Brad