VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2013 21:33:56 -0400
Google Versus Mapquest was always interesting here in Maine. For
whatever reason, many times MapQuest created more accurate directions
with better mileage and more correct road names. Now, it's Google or
nothing, I guess.
Many of us here, where there are lots of rural roads, have learned to
be careful when relying on GPS or Google for directions. We have many
discontinued roads and also many seasonal roads. Recently, a young man
headed across the state for a job interview ended up driving into a
pond on a seasonal road. I'm guessing he didn't make his interview,
and drowning your car is a fairly expensive test to take for an
interview, too.

--
posting from Emma's Family Farm,
 Windsor Maine;