From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2013 19:12:48 -0400
2Doxies wrote:
 >I've resisted trying recipes that call for coconut milk because not
 >sure about what to do with the part of the can I don't use.

I don't cut the top of the can all the way off and I level it to use
as a cover. I'm sure it lasts for many days in the refrigerator, but
I mix it in with many things or use as a topping. It is gone in a few days.

 >I noticed then, that there's a thicker part and a thinner part. How do
 >I handle that?

You stir it all up before using.

To be really paleo the coconut milk should have no guar gum. That is
a bean. These are the only ones in the US I know of that currently
are free of it:

Regular: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LKVIEG/
Organic: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HTI708/

If you live on the West Coast these are available at natural food
stores that are supplied by UNFI. For the rest of the country you
have to use Amazon.

Don.