From:
"J. V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. V. Rich
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:08:10 -0700

I received about 10 replies suggesting various places online that might sell Montina.  I followed through on all of them-- Montina is not being sold at all online as far as I can tell.  And I have looked and looked.

One person said she could still buy it in a store in Montana.

Best answer I received for why Montina is no longer available came from the notes of a listmate who attended a meeting this past July.  She wrote:

Montina Availability:   Montina is a grass used as a baking supplement that contains high protein and high fiber.  It is currently not available for purchase and use in baked goods.   The suitability of this grass root system to stabilize the soil of a forest floor after fires and floods has led to a price and supply competition for the seed. So at this time, the seed has been priced out of the food market to meet the need of reclamation projects.

So... we will just have to wait and perhaps it will come back.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Jackie