From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2012 21:32:31 -0700

Dear Listmates,

I've been experimenting with a simple flour mix - just Bob's Red Mill oat
flour and cornstarch. So far, I've only tried it making bread, but the
bread is really special - good tasting, flexible for sandwiches and not
crumbly. Also, it has a pretty good amount of oat flour, so it is pretty
good for you as well. Click this URL http://bit.ly/GF_Bake (same as
http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/gfbaking/ ) and navigate to the yeast
bread section - bread loaves. It is the 9th entry down and it is marked
with a red chevron (>).

Are you on the fence about oats being safe and healthful for you? If so,
there is a link within the bread recipe that will take you to more
information to help you decide.

Some people have egg sensitivity. If you do, then try the egg substitute
using flax meal and hot water. (I haven't tested egg substitute in this
recipe, but if you do, please let us know how it works.) This recipe is
intrinsically dairy free.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Vic - Sunnyvale

Note: Some folks aren't successful in clicking through to our website from
emails you receive from this Listserv. The two links (URLs) above have been
tested and do work. If the click-through doesn't work for you, I suggest
that you copy/paste the link into your browser rather than hope all of the
plumbing and computer security between your email system and your browser
works as advertized.

More notes: The recipe uses Expandex. I've not tried removing it and
replacing it with just plain tapioca starch, but I think it is an important
component. If you don't have Expandex, you can use Chebe bread flour as a
substitute. See substitution directions in the recipe. If you don't want to
use either Expandex or Chebe and decide to use tapioca flour, please let us
know how it works out for you. If you want to leave it out entirely, you'll
want to reduce the water or the bread will fall in. Already the liquid in
the recipe is at a maximum.