VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:49:00 -0500
Deborah

Throwing away software is no more criminal than tossing out a pair of
jeans that no longer fit you or an old 13-inch B&W tv that hasn't been
used in decades and is cluttering up the attic.
Legally, software purchased ususally is not actually purchased but rather
one is given a license to use.
Moreover, upgrades transfer a license to a newer version but doesn't allow
you to give away an older version unless you also transfer the current
license.
A lot of these programs such as K100 and Window-Eyes track serial numbers
so someone taking, as an example, your old K1000 ver 10 and then using it
might cause legal hassles for you, the new user or both.
So if you feel you no longer will need an older version of something,
garbage day is your solution for regaining storage space.

As we search the Scriptures, we must allow them to search us,
to sit in judgment upon our character and conduct.
Jerry Bridges, author, speaker and staff member of The Navigators
http://www.navigators.org

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]