From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2013 21:13:24 -0400
Hi,

First, I use echo link and remote hams occasionally.  I did have a
membership to cq100 but dropped it after one year.  The cq100 audio is
excellent and almost as good as skype, but cq100 has nothing to do with
radio.  It is a virtual radio or transceiver that displays on your computer
screen, but the frequencies that show on the display have nothing to do with
the frequencies transmitted via radio waves.  Lets say you pick a frequency
of 3.930 mhz.  Someone else might pick 3930 because they work 80 meters, but
they are simply working on a vvoip channel named 3930.  I guess some hams
have hooked up a few repeaters to CQ100, but I want to work through real
radios that have remote connections, but a holodeck with a virtual radio
just doesn't work for me!.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]