From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 05:46:54 -0500
Curtis and others.

If you ever decide to unload that Brown Brothers paddle, which you
won't do unless you are absolutely desperate, let me know.

Those paddles, which were made in a basement in St. Louis, are the
greatest I have ever used.

I am fortunate to own one which I bought new in 1977. Mine is the
paddle only, not the model that has both the paddle and a straight
key. I've seen even rough looking specimens of those paddles go for
$200 or more. That's why I only have the one that I paid $39.95 for
when it was new.

There is an interesting history of the Brown Brothers paddle out
there. I thought I had the link to it, but can't get my hands on it
right now. Just type "Brown Brothers Paddle" into your favorite search
site, and it should turn up.

Mike Duke, K5XU