From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:13:32 -0600
Speaking of inexpensive options and PIEXX, I use an old TS-930S with the
PIEXX board in it.  I've written software to control the 930 using a Windows
PC.  It works with a screen reader, and is really nice with a braille
display, allowing you to monitor and control the 930 without having to
listen to speech while in a QSO or tuning around.  It also has logging
capability, and will import/export using ADIF.  Of course on the TS-930 you
can only control the frequency and memories.  The mode and other functions
are easily controlled from the radio.  My software also gives you a relative
meter reading.  It will show the RIT setting, and which VFO is in use and
whether the VFOs are separate.

Contact me offlist if interested, see below.
--
Jim Shaffer, KE5AL
NLS Certified Literary Braille Transcriber and Proofreader