From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:05:43 -0500
IDAS, it's Icom's commercial digital mode which is much newer technology
than D'star. that's with connections I can get it for that price, I'm sure
most it would cost a little more but not a whole lot. The good thing with
IDAS, if you're in to digital modes, I'm not but the good thing is Kenwood's
nexedge is the same thing so they're compatible where as D'Star is
compatible with nothing and due to hardware limitations never will be so
once Icom drops D'Star, that's it, nothing but a very expensive analog radio
with a crappy receiver.