VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 2016 01:24:19 -0500
Hi all,
I'm running windows 10, on a desktop, using jaws 17.0.1377.
Someone posted a great windows 10 users guide, on this list, however,
one of the things it says is, "In Windows 10, in addition to traditional
desktop programs, there are also Windows store apps. These are also
often referred to as Universal apps, or modern
apps, and are different from traditional desktop programs in a number of
ways, including:
• They can only be installed from the Windows store.
• They can only be uninstalled from their context menu on the Start
menu, or the search results from the Search box. They don't appear in
Programs and
features in the Control Panel."
I tried to uninstall camera, groove music, mail, Microsoft Solitaire
collection, oneNote, Photos, and xBox, but when you right click on any
of those icons in the all apps folder, or, when they pop up after I
found each by doing a windows search, there is no uninstall icon.
Can someone tell me how I can uninstall this junk I will never use?
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]