VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:26:06 -0500
Hi, everyone.
I'm using the latest version of Thunderbird and have noticed that over
time, it's taking longer and longer for the program to allow me to reply
to larger messages.  I'm thinking that the problem may be due to the
fact that my Sent and Saved mailboxes are quite large.  Since the
program seems to load all mailboxes at once, my thinking is that I could
move my current Sent mailbox to a different location on my computer so
as to preserve it, which I'd like to do, so that I could start fresh
with an empty Sent mailbox.

In looking at my profile for, say, the Sent mailbox, I notice there are
three files that seem to relate directly to it: one called Sent, one
called sent.msf, and one called sent.mozmsgs.  From what I can tell, the
.mozmsgs file is the one that contains the actual text of the messages
belonging to that mailbox.  But what are the other two files?  And if I
move my sent.mozmsgs to a different location on my computer, should I
also move the Sent file and the sent.msf, too?  And if I move any of
these files and restart Thunderbird, will it automatically create a new,
empty Sent mailbox?
I hope my questions are clear and that I haven't completely confused
everyone.
Thanks for any help any of you can provide.
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]