VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:56:37 -0400
Hi all,
Well folks, I finally, found how to collapse or close, folders and subfolders.
For some strange reason, the default on the Mac, is to automatically open folders, (also called expand).
I would never have made the default to do that.
Now of course, people use first letter navigation, but sometimes, whether on windows, or the Mac, first letter navigation does not work at all.
So, sometimes, you’ll just have to down arrow through a list of folders, or subfolders to find the folder or subfolder that you are looking for.
If a folder, or subfolder is automatically expanded, and you don’t want it to open or expand, just press control option backslash and that will close the folder or subfolder, and then, you can continue to down arrow to the folder or subfolder you do want.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]