VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:21:46 -0700
Hi all,

Is there a quick and easy way to start NVDA from a thumb drive?

I'm finally experimenting with the portable version of NVDA. My goal is
to try it on the computers at school, so I can use the computers in the
classrooms as I lecture rather than bring in my own all the time.

To launch portable NVDA, I plug the thumb drive into my computer, start
Narrator, go into Windows Explorer, go into the thumb drive, jump to the
NVDA.exe file, and press enter. I'm sure that, once I've done it a
couple of times, it'll feel quick. Right now it feels like a lot of
steps, and if the computer is slow, I can imagine it feeling incredibly
slow as my students and I sit around and wait for things to load.

Is there a quicker way? I tried pressing Start, then typing run
e:/nvda.exe or run e:\nvda.exe, but that didn't work.

I read a tutorial on using autorun, but I don't think I can do that
since I won't have administrator priveleges to set that up.

Thanks for any wisdom.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]