VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:41:47 -0400
I'd like to add that using Windows XP after April 8, particularly if
you're going online, is a risk that isn't worth taking, even with good
antivirus software.  Microsoft's decision to discontinue releasing
updates for XP would be like the mayor of your town warning you that all
police, fire and other public safety officials will be leaving your
community by April 8.  You could stay in the community after that time
and, for a while, you might be OK but you also would have to realize
that criminals who know about this will take advantage of the
opportunity and will eventually target your home.  When that happens,
you'd have no recourse.

--

Feel free to visit my new Web site at
http://DavidGoldfield.info

Feel free to visit my LinkedIn profile at
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-goldfield/12/929/573

visit my blog at
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter at
http://www.twitter.com/davidgoldfield

         David Goldfield,
        Founder and Peer Coordinator

    Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]