VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:19:49 -0400
Hi, Duane.
I've never actually used thunderbird's import feature to import actual
Outlook Express mailbox files and so I won't be of much help, as far as
first-hand experience.
However, check out this article from the Mozillazine Knowledge Base.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_from_Outlook_Express
Some of what's in there made my head spin.  However, I gather that one
way which might work is to use Windows Live Mail to import your
mailboxes and then Thunderbird can be used to import your email from
WLM.  I realize this may be like going to china to get to California but
if it works it's worth the extra hassle.

David Goldfield,

      Founder and Peer Coordinator,
Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired