VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 20:23:36 -0800
Hi all,

I'm sitting here grading papers, and I just made a great discovery:

If you open a PDF in word 2013, Word tries to convert it to an editable
Word document. The PDF needs to contain underlying text, of course, and
the dialog
that comes up when you open the PDF says formatting may not be retained,
but it works.

My students submit all work by email, and it's supposed to be sent in
doc, docx, or rtf format, but some forget and send me other file types.
this PDF
slipped past me somehow, so I didn't notice the extension when I tried
opening it in Word, and I was pleased with the results. I'm using
Windows 8.1, but I suspect this feature is a product of Word 2013, not
the OS.

Just passing the info along.

ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at