VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:06:08 -0700
Hi Ana, and all,

I've heard, though I haven't done it myself yet,
that with 8.1, which is upgradeable for free from
Win8 (which is the horror version for many
people), you can set it to bring you directly to
the Desktop, and you can also set it to run more
like Win7. While Win8 doesn't have the Start
Button we've had seemingly forever, Win8.1 does,
bringing it back to a more user-friendly, familiar
sort of Windows experience.

Here are some tips video's I've found useful in 1
way or another. Some of the videos offer visual
tips, but with many we know how to achieve the
same via the keyboard, so some is still useful
towards easier access and control:

Learn Win 8.1 In 8-Minute Tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSeWsBcH6w0

Win 8.1 Hidden Features -- PC World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmsZhaVqkw

Win 8.1 -- Lesson 9: How to Resize Tiles &
Activate Live Tiles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kahgng2VfQ

Win 8.1 Tutorial: Managing Contacts In the People
App -- Lynda.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-A05_vK278

Win 8.1 Preview Tips & Tricks --
NicksComputerTips.com