VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:08:36 -0700
Hi all,

Starting yesterday, Jaws suddenly started announcing paragraph markers
in Word. I was editing a document in my usual way, and Jaws was behaving
normally. I powered down. Then a few hours later, I powered back up, and
since then, Jaws has said, "Paragraph Marker," at the end of each line,
whether it ends with a hard or soft linebreak. Sometimes Jaws announces,
"new line," instead, and sometimes it even announces, "Space," between
words, especially when I use the say-line command. This behavior happens
mostly when I'm arrowing around, not when I'm using say-all, though some
say-all sessions include the announcement of linebreaks at the end of
each paragraph.

I don't know how to make it stop. I've gone into the Jaws verbosity
settings for word and turned off an option in either Edit or Format that
says something about announcing tabs and line breaks, but the
announcements keep coming. Unloading Jaws and rebooting the computer
don't help.

Any ideas on what else I can try to make Jaws stop announcing paragraph
breaks. It's very distracting.

I'm running Jaws 13 on a Windows 7 netbook and using Office 2010.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]