VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 23:23:48 -0700
Hi all,

This isn't as off topic as it sounds. The short version of my question
is this:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a small humidifier/vaporizer,
something that can be operated in a small office space with minimal
damage to computer equipment?

My seasonal allergies are really bad this year, so I'm doing lots more
coughing and sneezing than usual. What makes things worse is spending a
lot of time in dry environments, like my home office.

When I'm in other parts of the house, I can run my vaporizer, which is
about the size of a milk gallon. It's great for my respiratory track,
but it's very wet. for example, when I put it on my nightstand, I first
lay a large trash bag over the nightstand and the corner of my bed, and
I lay a couple of plastic bags down on the floor in front of the
nightstand; otherwise, everything within a two-to-three-foot radius of
the machine gets wet.

I'd like to run a vaporizer in my office, but I only have a couple of
outlets, and they already have computer equipment plugged in. Also, the
cables for the Vaporizer and computer equipment are not especially long,
and the room itself is pretty small, so I can't really imagine how I
would run my big vaporizer around the computer, printer, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas for smaller units or suggestions about how I
can create a wetter environment without wet equipment?

The allergy meds help, but not as much as usual, and my cough is so bad
that I'm just not being productive. I've been controlling it somewhat by
sucking on lots of hard candy and sipping lots of fluids, but that
creates other disruptions as you can imagine.

Thanks.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]