VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2011 12:01:21 -0700
Hello Deborah,
Well, hope my response is not to late to be useful for your article.
For capturing presentations and webinars--Olympus recorder,
Taking notes at meetings--laptop,
Out and about and want to capture someone's (number/email/address/other contact info) I ask them to text it to me, send in email, give me business card if other options are not practical, and last resort slate/stylus.
For one-on-one meetings I bring my list of discussion points, agenda, or list of items to cover in Braille.
For giving presentations--outline and notes in Braille to use along with my laptop for running the PowerPoint.
For organizing contact info, I rely completely on Outlook Exchange contact list.  This is the only method I have found that allows me to have all my same contacts on my computer, phone, etc.  Also, I can change cell phones in just a few minutes by just entering email account info, and edit my contacts in just one place.

I am or use to be a hard core Braille user, but I haven't found a Braille system be it notetaker or slate and stylus, that will give me the flexibility I need to be competitive in my job.

However, I do have Braille displays at home and work and really rely on them for editing, formatting preparing presentations, navigating through complex budget planning sheets, People Soft (our university's data management/HR system.

I really like the Apex and would probably use one if it were the size of the PK.

Best,
Terri
Terri Hedgpeth, Ed.D.,
Director, Disability Resource Center