From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 21:17:11 -0400
Your serum lipid picture is clearly mixed.  It's not entirely clear that
what you've got here is worse than what you had before.  Having
triglycerides go from 160 to 97 is a massive improvement, having
triglycerides under 100 is just about ideal.  Your HDL cholesterol is
trending upward and that is a good thing.  By any chance, were your Lp(a)
numbers measured?  Probably not but worth asking.

The jump in your LDL cholesterol level is disturbing.  The next question
would be, what exactly are you eating?  Describe your diet for the last
week in as much detail as you can give.

Over on Paleofood Mary Enig and Sally Fallon recently suggested that
cholesterol is an irrelevency, which I found fascinating.  I hope to get
them to defend that statement.