From:
Scott Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2013 05:21:19 -0400
I would point out that even for a sighted operator, a touch screen would introduce some efficiency issues as well. I know ops who will log with one hand while making adjustments to the rig with another. I believe it would be possible to combine touch screen technology with some knobs and buttons. I cannot imagine anyone wanting a radio that has only a touch screen. This might satisfy some, but I think that segment would be much smaller than the overall population.