From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2013 12:28:28 -0400
That's right, and I think one of the healthiest ways to deal with blindness
is to clearly, honestly, and directly come to terms with your limitations,
whatever they might be, given your particular situation, and try to live
your life as best as you can.

In my current job, for example, there are simply some things that a sighted
person can do more efficiently than I can, such as very detailed web site
searches, quickly accessing certain types of documents, filling out very
complicated on line forms, etc., and I simply need to come to terms with
that.

This is why I have a sighted assistant, and am not afraid to ask for
assistance from the secretarial staff as needed.

Fortunately, for me, my University has always respected my judgement in
these sorts of things over the 24 years that I have been employed there,
except for my one year out in Colorado.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ