From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 11:31:50 -0700
Hi, well, it was at least two years ago, maybe almost three when
I tried working with the VX7 software and both WE and JAWS,
neither of which worked.  I sorry but I can't remember the
specifics of suffice it to say that it pretty much was
non-responsive.  By it by mean the HAM software just didn't work
with either screen reader well.  I brought it to the attention of
both GW Micro and RT Systems because my primary Screen Reader is
WindowEyes, and neither company could figure out a solution.
That was and is very disappointing when you hope things are
progressing to a general state of more accessibility and suddenly
find a huge road block.  RT Systems just wrote back to me as I
indicated in an earlier email that NVDA works with there software
but I have no experience with that Screen Reader.  73, Jim WA6EKS