From:
Ian Westerland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 15:14:55 +1000
I use elements that are just over 65 feet each and am still working
with the feed line length.  The chart on the internet gives some
indication of lengths to avoid for the 80 and 40 meter bands and at
present, the feed line is 102 feet,which is a recommended length for
an 80 meter dipole however, I am not getting the tuning I expect on
40 meters.  It is suggested that if the aerial won't tune on a
particular band, lengthen or reduce the feed line by 1/8 wave length
on the band that has the problem being tuned.  Interesting to see how
it works out.

Although either 300 or 450 Ohm line is ok according to the articles,
45 Ohm is said to be the best.