From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 23:34:39 -0400
Hi,

I think I mentioned this here once before, but in case I didn't, I
occasionally use RCForb remote client software to access remote rigs over
the internet.  I much prefer to use my own equipment, but sometimes
conditions mandate a different receiver location.  You can access the
software at
www.remotehams.com.

There is no cost to use the software, but the author would like an
occasional donation, but it is not required.  If you want to transmit, you
have to upload an image of your license, but the software works quite well
and the audio is very good..  The software is not very accessible, but most
of the ops are willing to help you figure out how many tabs or shift-tabs
you need to hit to find the transmit button.  The software developer is
trying to make things better, but, so far, the accessible version doesn't
work as well as the original version,though it will speak the frequency the
remote rig is tuned to.

I have one pet peeve that really bugs me.  I will never work DX over a
remote.  If I contact a prized DX station, the remote station is working
that DX station, not my station!  The remote rig's call sign should get the
credit for that contact, not the remote operator.  Other than that slight
problem, I think that remote operation helps many hams who can't put up good
antennas do to our over regulated zoning and housing rules.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]