From:
Fred Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 04:38:00 -0400
Great story!!

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Ed Malmgren
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: A T one story

My first transmitter was this rig.  after a while I put it on the shelf and
got a globe scout.  A friend of mine who needed a rig and I loaned him the
A T one.  after about thirty years I was talking to him and I ask what
happened to the old rig.  He said he had gotten something and put the rig
on his shelf.  He said I have been waiting for you to come and get get it
back where it belongs.  I now have the old rig back here on the shelf and
don't know what to do with it.  I think that guy did a few mods on it.
Anyway that fellow was on a ship in Pearl harbor when the Ja's bombed.  He
told me he was standing on the deck with some tools he was returning to the
shop.
He said a Ja plane came so close to him he could see the pilots smiling
face and he threw those tools at the plane.  Now he is a S K for a couple
years.
That is my A T one story.  73
Ed   K7UC