From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:43:14 -0500
I knew a ham who you might say was a bit nuts.  Well more than a bit I
guess.
He had one of those Motorola ht-200 bricks.  It was called a "brick" for
good reason.  Anyway, one summer, he decided to find out how rugged the
radio really was.  He dropped it out of a plane at 200 feet.  When he dug it
out of a field, and soldered the crystal back in place, it worked fine.
Then he took it out to a target range and shot it with a twenty-two.  Still
worked.
Later he took it fishing, and it is at the bottom of Lake Winnebago probably
until this very day.