From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:26:22 -0700
Hello listers,

I have been a ham for 33 years having gotten my novice license in 1980
shortly after becoming an American citizen.

My Novic call sign was KA3EEL.

I ketp that thru getting my Extra call KU3I.

When I moved to Sacramento in 1990 from Philadelphia I got the California
call sign AA6XG which I soon grew to hate.

WWhen the vanity calls came out I retrieved KU3I.

My first general coverage receiver while I was still working on getting
citizenship was a Kenwood R99A.

My first Novice rig was a Ten-Tec rig. Can't remember the model number now.

I used to use an Optacon with a calculator lens to read the digital display.

My only regret is not having been on HF enough.

Too much living in apartments and condos with bad antenna possibilities.

I now have both of the Alex magnetic loops and plan to remedy that
situation.

Thanks to all the hams for all of their musings.

73,

Eric

KU3I