From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:34:52 -0600
There are four squelch tone states.  Off is the lowest beep, and then there
are three which are indicated by the high pitched beep as you cycle through
using the 7 key.
I assume your weather frequencies are the typical NOAA VHF frequencies?
BTW, if the weather freqs are programmed into memory, the state of the ctcss
tone is saved with the memory, so it's strange that you might suddenly have
ctcss enabled because it would automatically turn off if it was accidentally
turned on, when you go to that memory location.

73
Colin, V A6BKX