From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 21:29:00 -0600
Usually a shock like that is due to excess RF on the chassis of the radio
and from that to the microphone.
It sounds like you are getting allot of RF back down the coax.  Did you
install a balun or make a coaxial choke at the antenna feed point?
If you are getting RF back down the shield of the coax, it'll cause RFI like
crazy and cause the shock to happen.
Put a 1 to 1 current balun in at the antenna feed point, or make a common
coaxial balun.  Just 6 or 7 wraps of the coax in a 4 or 5 inch wide coil
making sure the coax never crosses itself.
This has to be done as close to the feedpoint as you can get it.
 All the radio and shack grounding in the world won't help eliminate RF
coming back down your coax.
If you have a talking swr meter, check your reflected power.  It'll probably
be very high.

73
Colin, V A6BKX