From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:57:04 -0500
Tom,
Probably no point in buying another antenna; the homebrew flavor is
about the same wire and coax, and once you get rid of that short, it
will play just fine.  My original RV was homebrew and I got twenty
years service from it.  By then most of the insulation was gone from
the flat top and the U V had cracked the ladder line but nothing lasts forever!