VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:17:21 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Hi List,

After many long years of reliable service my Windows XP computer has finally given up the ghost. The hard drive was not damaged and I have encaqpsulated and connected it to my Windows 7 computer as an external drive. (I was gradually switching over from the XP to the W7 machine but didn't get very far in this process before the XP machine died.)

On the W7 computer I am using JAWS 15 and have Office 2010 installed. However, it is the Home/Student version of Office 2010 that does not include Outlook.

I do not yet have an email client installed on the W7 computer and am currently using a klunky Webmail interface that I can barely tolerate to do my email. I used Outlook Express exclusively for years and now I need a program to replace it.

Also, I wish to be able to access my old Outlook Express folders and address book on the external drive using whatever email client I decide to go with.

Outlook probably would have been the logical choice but since I don't have that as part of my Office suite then I need an alternative. What do people recommend? Again, it's very important that I be able to access my OE folders and I hope to avoid a steep learning curve transitioning from OE.

Thanks,
Duane

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]