VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:10:22 -0700
7bit
Sender:
From:
Hi All,

I've finally resolved my Skype issue! When I updated to Windows 8.1, I
installed Skype only to discover it was a metro only app with lots of
unlabeled buttons. Today I discovered there's a desktop version for
Windows 8.1 users of Skype.

To install the familiar and accessible desktop Skype:

1. Go to the Skype website
www.skype.com

2. Pres enter on Downloads.

3. Go to the heading that says, "Looking for Skype for Desktop?"

4. Down-arrow and press enter on the link that says, "Get Skype for
Windows Desktop."

5. Follow the installation prompts. Your firewall may tell you it's
disabled some features and ask for your permission to enable them.

This version of Skype doesn't have the accessibility submenu in Tools,
but it does have the Hot key settings in Tools>Options.

Hope this helps.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]