VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 04:45:25 -0500
From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Jack

Well, the technology certainly makes our lives better -- no doubt about
that.
But I think it has a price too particuarly for the younger generation as
learning how to fend and survive on one's own is part of the needed skills
any young person *must* master.

this nanny-state environment works so long as one can live their entire
life under its umbrella; but it fails miserably if one truly wishes to
seek success.  Far too many these days look to the government, agencies,
counselors and all the rest rather than to themselves -- and that's not
healthy for society in the long-run.
There is no freedom if it is given to you; there is freedom if you gain it
on your own.
There is far too much emphasis on so-called rights, and not enough on
strength from within, improvising, learning on co-existing and the other
things necessary to compete in the private sector.

As we search the Scriptures, we must allow them to search us,
to sit in judgment upon our character and conduct.
Jerry Bridges, author, speaker and staff member of The Navigators
http://www.navigators.org

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]