From:
"C.J. Brooks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
C.J. Brooks
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 23:54:19 -0500

I wanted to give a summary of my experience in Orlando, FL:

We stayed at Doubletree Orlando Resort at SeaWorld. On-site restaurant was
able to accommodate and the chef even came out and met with me to discuss
options and this is where I ate most meals. We also ate at the Melting Pot
on West Sand Lake Road and had a very good experience...staff was
knowledgeable and took care to make sure needs were met and provided GF
menu. At Uno's Chicago Grill on International Drive, they had GF menu
available and included burgers, pizza, and steaks. I had a Guac-alicious
Burger with steamed broccoli (their fries are made with a batter and
therefore not GF). The dining staff at SeaWorld was knowledgeable as well
and we had a good lunch at Shark's Underwater Grill...server even noticed
that meal was delivered with pita bread and sent it back to kitchen to be
corrected before it reached my table. Reservations are required at Shark's,
but we were able to walk up and get a table in the bar area very quickly.
At Universal City Walk, we ate at Margaritaville one day and Bubba Gump
Shrimp Co. another day. At Margaritaville, they were in the process of
redesigning their GF menu, but server was familiar with GF requirement and
discussed options with me from their overall menu. At Bubba Gumps, the
experience was less than great ONLY because their GF menu consists of only
3 items, but it was still good and I had no problems. Lastly, there is a
Whole Foods on West Sand Lake Rd where I grabbed a salad after a late day
at Universal and had no issues.

Overall I had a good experience in Orlando, and I appreciate all of the
comments sent in reply to my original inquiry. I look forward to trying
some of the local suggestions when I visit again.

CJ in SC