From:
Elyn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elyn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2012 11:58:37 -0700

Thanks so much for all of the responses. They were very helpful and it's good to know that there are many options for gluten free dining. The most helpful was the Gluten Free Me App.

Do you have
the Find Me Gluten Free app? It's pretty good for giving you a list of places
and which ones have a gf menu vs can acvommodate gf. You can search by city.

I can't tell you a lot but I do know there is an Uno in
Rochester, very close to both Uof R and RIT ( there in a !  We have our favorites there so we never go anywhere else.
 Try the Baked Stuffed Chicken!

While I am not a huge fan, Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse has GF
recipes and
sauces. What I do like however are the wings.

I am a
member of the Western NY gluten free diet support group in Buffalo. Here is a
list of restaurants in the area:
http://www.buffaloglutenfree.org/restaurants.html

Here is a web site for GF restaurants in the Syracuse area:
http://www.cnyceliacs.org/gluten-free-restaurants.html

As always, you should call each place first. Wegmans grocery stores have a lot
of GF food. There is a big one in DeWitt, a town just east of Syracuse.

The Rochester celiac group also has a web site with extensive information about
eating in and around Rochester. You should be able to google and find it. I
don't know about Buffalo.

My
son goes to RIT. He stayed on campus for three years at RIT and will be staying
in his own apartment for his final year. From a college perspective, the school
has been quite accommodating. There is a beautiful Wegman's Supermarket next to
the school.  They are the leaders in dealing with gluten-free diets. I
think they started catering to celiacs before anyone else..  From my
visits up in Rochester, there is Chipotle, Olive Garden, Denny's, Bonefish
Grill, P. F. Chang's, Uno's, and there are some local places that my son could
share with you. Good luck with your college visits.

Restaurants - Greater Area Rochester
.
Top of Form
Display
#
Aladdin’s Natural Eateryhave ns.
Aladdin's Rochester:
646 Monroe Ave.
Rochester, NY 14607
(585) 442-5000

280 Exchange Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14608
(585) 319-3217

Aladdin's Pittsford:
8 Schoen Place
Pittsford, NY 14534
(585) 264-9000

Aladdin's Henrietta:
200 Park Point Dr.
Rochester NY 14623
(585) 272-0015

Aladdin's Ithaca:
100 Dryden Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 273-5000

Mario's Italian Steakhouse
Italian cuisine. Offering gluten-free pasta, entrees and beer.
Link to the Gluten-free menu
2740 Monroe Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
(585) 271-1111

La–Tea–Da Tearoom
Now offering Gluten-Free sandwiches, salads, and desserts.
258 Alexander Street
Rochester, NY 14607
585-262-4450

King And I
Thai cuisine. The management of this restaurant is very knowledgeable about the needs of celiac patrons. Please inform your server.
1475 E. Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14623
(585) 427-8090

Keenan's Restaurant
Gluten-free menu available in restaurant. Gluten-free pasta available.
1010 East Ridge Road
Rochester, NY 14621
(585) 266-2691

Joey B's
French style country cuisine. Gluten-free friendly (ask server when ordering)
400 Packets Landing
Fairport, NY 14450
(585) 377-9030

India House Restaurants
No gluten-free menu, but most everything is gluten-free for lunch buffet and dinner. Inform your servers.

998 S Clinton Av.
Rochester, NY 14620
(585) 461-0880

7343 Route 96
Victor, NY 14564
(585) 742-2030

Gusto
Italian restaurant serving gluten-free pasta, pizza and pizzelles (plain or as a pizzelle gelato ice cream sandwich). Gluten-free options indicated on their menu
Link to their menu
277 Alexander Street
Rochester, New York 14610
(585) 232-7810

Great Northern Pizza Kitchen
Gluten-free pizza, wings, salads (check with employees for salad ingredients & dressings)
(Bushnell's Basin and Brighton locations ONLY)
683 Pittsford Victor Rd. (DEDICATED GF PREP AREA)
Bushnells Basin
(585) 385-PIES (7437)

12 Corners Plaza
1918 Monroe Ave
(585) 244-PIES (7437)

Grandpa Sam's Italian Kitchen
Menu indicates which items are gluten free
Link to the Gluten-free menu
138 S Union Street
Spencerport, NY 14559
(585) 349-7267

Golden Phoenix
Chinese and Thai food. Has a gluten-free menu.
Link to the Gluten-free menu
7323 Pittsford-Palmyra Road
Perinton, NY 14450
(585) 223-4539

Glen Iris Inn
Open seasonally. Gluten-free menu.
Link to the Gluten-free and peanut free lunch and dinner menus
Letchworth State Park
Castile, NY 14427
(585) 493-2622

Glass Magnolia
Chinese and Thai food

Link to the gluten-free lunch menu
Link to the gluten-free dinner menu
Dessert menu has indicator for GF desserts
7323 Pittsford-Palmyra Road
Fairport, NY 14450
(585) 223-4539
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Gluten-free menu available in restaurant. Majority of Dinosaur BBQ products gluten-free. Call to inquire specially.
99 Court Street
Rochester, NY 14604
(585) 325-7090
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

Cole & Parks
Offering gluten free wraps, salads and salad dressings.
Gluten-free options are located on their menu

607 Rowley Road
Victor, NY 14564
585-924-8710
Chilango's Mexican Restaurant
Majority of dishes gluten free. Inform server of dietary needs. Chips are fried in a separate fryer.
42 Nichols St.
Spencerport, NY 14559
(585) 349-3030

Chili's
Chain restaurant offering gluten-free soups and entrees.
Link to the Gluten-free menu (a pdf that includes menus for all major allergens)

100 Marketplace Dr
Rochester, NY 14623
(585) 424-6111

3830 W Ridge Rd
Rochester, NY 14626
(585) 227-2750

7491 Victor/Pittsford Rd
Victor, NY 14564
(585) 924-0220

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Italian chain restaurant with a location near Marketplace Mall. Offering gluten-free soup, entrees and dessert.
Link to the Gluten-free menu
3340 West Henrietta Road
Henrietta, NY 14623
(585) 292-6120

Bugaboo Creek Steak House
Steakhouse chain offering gluten-free entrees.
Link to the Gluten-free menu
935 Jefferson Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Bottom of Form