From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:29:48 -0500
Hi Tom,

I want to explore Howard Kaufman's questions further.

1. What is the radio and mic?

2. What type of connector is on the mic?

3. What part of the mic are you touching when you get the shock??

4. You say you don't get a shock from the radio, is it possible you are
touching a painted surface or some metal that is totally insulated from the
radio itself?

5.  If you have an ohmmeter, check the continuity between the place on the
mic where you get a shock and the ground lug on the radio.  Do this with the
radio off and the mic connected.  In general, I would expect the case of the
mic to be connected to the chassis of the radio.

Please report back with your findings.  Together, we will figure this out.

73

Howard #3, W A 9 Y B W