From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:13:30 -0700
Hello list.  I have the oppurtunity to acquire a crank up tower
and am wondering what kind of accessible rotators people on this
list are using, or ways of making rotators accessible? I used to
have a HamAm I think it was, that had 3 keys on the front.  The
middle key would unlock a break so the antenna would turn when
you wanted it too, but keep stationary when locked in place.  The
left and right key would obviously rotate the antenna in said
directions.  I had a small external box that produced tones using
a VCO I guess it was, that a local ham made for me.  I sold the
system some 35 years ago and am wondering what folks are using
today.  At that time I was using a High Gain TH6DXX and would not
put up such a large beam today so don't need anything
particularly heavy-duty.  Thoughts please? Thanks and 73, Jim
WA6EKS