VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 11:23:25 -0800
Hi All,

How do you move from the message list to the body of an email in the
Windows 8.1 Mail program, without having to tab through a lot of other
stuff?

After much swearing and experimenting, I managed to get my Exchange
account working in the Windows 8.1 Mail program. For whatever reason,I
haven't gotten it to work correctly in Thunderbird. I'm okay with that
for now though I'll probably keep trying.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with Windows Mail, so I don't think I'm using
it very efficiently. There seems to be a list of folders. Pressing enter
on, say, Inbox puts me in a list of messages (I.e., I hear the sender,
subject, and date). When I get to a message I want to read, I need to
tab past a few controls, like New and Reply, plus buttons for anyone the
message is copied to, to get to the body of the message. Using shift+tab
to get to the same place isn't any quicker because I move past things
like Search and filters. According to the official Windows shortcut
list, I should be able to press ctrl+o to open the message in a new
window, but neither that nor simply pressing enter seems to be working,
so I'm thinking I'm missing something obvious. I also tried pressing F6
and ctrl+tab to find out if one or the other would move me closer.

Any tips?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]