From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 14:14:24 -0400
1 thing I can say for the TM-V7100A is, unless it's unconventional, it
probably has an SO-239 connector for the antenna, and those are completely
worthless on 900 MHz, unless the antenna is right next to the transmitters
for the headset, the loss between that and depending on your coax, could
honestly be so much that you're just not hearing it. We have a 900 MHz ham
repeater locally where the person used PL-259 connectors and RG-213 and it's
range, at 30 watts was about 1/8 of a mile on it's best day with about 3
watts making it to the N connector at the antenna, make that a PL-259 too
and it would probably have acted like there was no receiver at all. That's
just a thought, beyond the antenna not being made for that band likely, you
may have a lot working against you. Other than that, I don't know what the
problem could be, I can hear baby monitors and headsets like that on my 900
MHz radios no problem but really, any broadbanded ham radio, my TM-G707A I
used to have, the hand helds I've had, none of them worked up there though
they covered the frequencies. They just are deaf.