From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 17:11:30 -0400
Steve, man, you said it all right there. I happen to be very lucky and very blessed with a marriage that works. In a bit of irony, my wife Melanie is now legally blind, and she has some other disabilities that severely limit her mobility. That means that, along with being the tech support jack of many trades at Serotek, I also cook and help melanie into bed and a whole host of other things. There'd be more things if she didn't have a personal care attendant in several days a week. In a bit of irony, as I was saying, Melanie's last nearly husband (she sensibly called it off) told her he wouldn't mind so much if she were in a wheelchairr someday, which was, even then, a distinct possibility she knew about. She also knew that blindness was a possibility. He told her that if she was going to go blind, they may as well not get married, because he couldn't lead her around all the time. So she meets me at a time when she wasn't yet legally blind. Her vision did deteriorate by considerable, especially over the past couple years. But we both are amused that this guysaid that, but then she marries me, and who leads whom around now? Tangentially, she is really a pretty awful blind person…the adjustment has been very hard for her, but I think the physical limitations are even worse. I sure wouldn't swap with her given the choice. But the thing is, sure, we both think it would be easier if we didn't have whatever it is we do have, but we've got what we've got, we complement each other's strengths, and we love each other very much. These are the important things. Theother things are secondary.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY