From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2013 04:23:47 -0500
I found this in the tmv-71 A manual.
Hope this helps.  I can send you the folder if you want.

Here goes.

REPEATER ACCESS

Most repeaters use a receive and transmit frequency pair with a standard or

non-standard offset (odd-split). In addition, some repeaters must receive a
tone

from the transceiver in order to gain access to the repeater. For details,

consult

your local repeater reference.

Selecting an Offset Direction

The offset direction allows your transmit frequency to be higher (+) or
lower

(-)

than the receive frequency.

1 Select your desired band (A or B).

2 Press [F], [REV] to select an offset direction.

· Each time you press [F], [REV], the offset direction changes as follows:

Simplex operation >> + >> - >> Simplex operation

· If you are using an E type transceiver, when operating on the 430 MHz
band,

the

offset direction changes as follows:

Simplex operation >> + >> - >> = (-7.6 MHz) >> Simplex operation

If the offset transmit frequency falls outside the allowable range,
transmitting

is inhibited. Use one of the following methods to bring the transmit
frequency

within the band limits:

· Move the receive frequency further inside the band.

· Change the offset direction.

Note: While using an odd-split memory channel or transmitting, you cannot
change

the offset direction.

Selecting an Offset Frequency

The offset frequency is the value which the transmit frequency will be
offset

from the receive frequency. The default offset frequency on the 144 MHz

band is 600 kHz for all type versions. The default on the 430/440 MHz band
is 5

MHz.

1 Select your desired band (A or B).

2 Enter Menu mode and access Menu 400 (OFFSET).

3 Set the appropriate offset frequency value.

· The selectable range is from 00.00 MHz to 29.95 MHz, in steps of 50 kHz.

Note: After changing the offset frequency, the new offset frequency will
also be

used by

Automatic Repeater Offset.

This is probably more than you want to know.

Curtis I am copying my folder in to our drop box folder.